Opening Round and Event Kick Off: Monday, November 27 (4:00 pm – 6:00 pm)
Championship Round: Wednesday, November 29 (5:00 pm – 6:30 pm)
Kentucky Expo Center Pavilion
The top RV Service Techs in the country will compete in a winner take all competition to determine the Top Tech. The event, emcee’d by the RV Doctor, Gary Bunzer, will feature eight competitors at the start of the competition as they attempt to be the fastest to diagnose a service issue, live in front of a cheering crowd! The Opening Round will feature all eight competitors, with the top four moving on to the Championship Round.
In addition to being named the Top Tech, the winner of the Top Tech Challenge will receive a $10,000 Grand Prize along with the Top Tech Challenge trophy! The dealership will also receive marketing materials allowing them to promote their business as featuring the Top Tech Challenge Champion.
The final eight competitors are:
- Joshua Bedsaul, Foley, Alabama – RV’s Unlimited
- Robert Browne, Avon, New York – Wilkins RV Inc
- Shawn Diamond, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin – Greeneway RV
- Don Ebsen, Rapid City, South Dakota – Camping World
- Brandon Galbreath, Joppa Alabama – D&N RV Service
- Jason Hunt, Whitney, Texas – Jason’s RV Service
- John Larson, Minden, Nevada – Nevada Mobile RV Service
- Jonathon Senic, Elkins, West Virginia – Roy’s RV Supercenter LLC
- Entries are now closed
- No purchase necessary to win.
- Final eight selections will be notified: September 5, 2017
- One application per dealership location.
- Techs must certify that they are currently employed as an RV Certified Technician and have a minimum of five years of experience.
- Applications will be scored based on each applicant’s years of experience, most recent certified test score, and certification expiration date. The eight applicants with the highest scores will be chosen as the contestants.If selected, competitors must provide their own transportation and hotel accommodations.
- In the event of a tie for the eighth spot, the tie breaker will be determined by entry submission date.
- If selected, competitors must provide their own transportation and hotel accommodations.
- In the event that a selected contestant is unable to compete, the applicant with the next highest score from the selection process will be invited to attend and so on until a qualified participant is chosen.
- The judges of the Top Tech Challenge will be highly qualified RV Industry experts in the field of the specific component.
- In the case of a tie after the championship round, contestants will participate in a hands on run-off competition.
- After the championship round, or run-off competition (if necessary), the winner will be announced and presented with a $10,000 check. If the winner is sponsored by their employer, the check will be split evenly between the employer and winner.
- Taxes may apply.
- All eight contestants will receive an official Top Tech Challenge shirt, a gift bag provided by Top Tech Challenge sponsors (details to come) and a certificate of participation.
- A Top Tech Challenge shirt will be provided and must be worn during the Top Tech Challenge.
- Details on each round of the Top Tech Challenge and scoring criteria will be announced on October 15th, 2017.
- Email Sharonne Lee at to request removal from any future mailing list or mail your request to RVIA, Attn: Tradeshows & Events, 1896 Preston White Drive, Reston, VA 20191.