Learn strategies to tackle big business challenges
Come take full advantage of the show’s newly enhanced learning program—now expanded by an extra day on Monday, November 28! 2016 programming features a powerful keynote speaker and compelling learning sessions specifically tailored to dealers, campground operators, manufacturers and suppliers. From legal insights and regulation updates to ideas for digital marketing and revenue generation, there’s something relevant and applicable to every business!
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28
|2:00 pm – 3:00 pm | Room C105
How RV Manufacturers and Dealers Can Become Invincible to Lawsuits & Save Thousands in Taxes
Larry Oxenham, Author, Senior Advisor, American Society for Asset Protection (ASAP)
Learn invaluable advice from a seasoned pro on:
- Protecting yourself professionally and personally against lawsuits
- Minimizing taxes and reducing liability insurance costs
- Crafting successful estate and business succession plans
Larry Oxenham is the author of several books, including: Protect Your Assets and The Asset Protection Bible. As a senior advisor, he has helped thousands of clients save millions of dollars.
|2:00 pm – 3:00 pm | Room C108
ARVC 101: The ADA, NFPA 1194 and Current Legislative & Regulatory Overview
Jeff Sims, Director of State Relations & Program Advocacy, National Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds
Attend this fast-paced interactive seminar to learn about new policies affecting:
- Legal inquiries about service animals
- Developing an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance plan
- How to use NFPA 1194 to work effectively with local authorities
- State-specific legislative and regulatory trends
Jeff Sims is an award-winning advocate for the RV park and campground industry striving for “outdoor hospitality excellence through industry unity.”
|2:00 pm – 3:00 pm | Room C109
Common & Avoidable Standards Deviations
RVIA Standards Inspection Team (pictured: John Proteau, Standards Administrator/Chief Inspector, RVIA)
Join this informative session for:
- Highlights of frequently cited sited standards deviations—and how to address them
- A Question & Answer session with the pros
- Onsite availability and access to RVIA inspectors
|3:30 pm – 4:30 pm | Room C101-C104
Keynote: Make Some Noise: Open the Throttle and Dominate Your Marketplace
Ken Schmidt, Brand Visionary, former Director of Communications Strategy for Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Ken Schmidt is widely known as one of the business world’s most outspoken and provocative thought leaders. He has partnered with many successful global brands but is renowned for his role in one of the most celebrated turnarounds in corporate history—the renaissance of Harley-Davidson.
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 30
|10:00 am – 11:30 am | Room B105
Part I – Why Exporting Matters to the RV Industry
Part II – Creative Ways to Finance Your RV Exports
Seminars will include presentations by the U.S. Department Commerce and Export-Import Bank of the United States on RV industry top markets, the markets in China and Korea, export strategic planning and export financing. Opportunities for questions and additional discussion to follow. Join in these sessions to get advice and solutions to questions such as:
- What is ECA Financing? What is EXIM Bank?
- How can I export “fearlessly”?
- Can I arrange financing for my foreign buyers?
- What if I need working capital to brow my exports?
|3:00 pm – 4:00 pm | Room C105
Expand Your Reach and Profit with RV Rentals
Scott Krenek, President, RV Rental Association (RVRA)
If you’re in the RV rental business, don’t miss this essential session on:
- Rental business best practices
- Optimizing daily processes
- Strategies for growing your rental business in today’s market
Scott Krenek is a 35-year veteran of the RV rental business and co-founder of the rental industry’s first 20 Group, focused improving dealer rental operations. He owns Krenek RV Center in Coloma, Michigan.
|3:00 pm – 4:00 pm | Room C108
Put Your Service Department to the Test
Jim McCann, Professional Services Facilitator, Spader Business Management
Discover new ways to optimize your service department and grow your bottom line, including:
- Key business reasons for developing the Service Department
- 4 fundamental keys to service sales and profitability
- Opportunities created by taking a Service Department Self-Assessment
Jim McCann is a management consultant with Spader, known for its “Spader 20” peer groups of executives in the RV industry. His deep insights help uncover opportunities to grow dealer revenue.
|3:00 pm – 4:00 pm | Room C109
Beyond Your Website – Why Online Advertising, Social Media, and Reputation Management Matter
Greg Petry, President, NetSource Technologies
Learn the essentials of digital and social marketing best practices, including:
- Methods of online marketing
- Strategies for paid search
- Creating a strategy for social media
- How to prevent bad reviews
Greg Petry is the President of Netsource Technologies, an award-winning provider of e-commerce and website solutions to RV dealers for 20+ years. His background includes 15 years as a manager in heavy-duty parts distribution.